Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Never Ending Baby Sweater

O.K. so I guess that since the point of this is to say I'm finished the cabled coat with hood, from the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book, my title is kind of a lie. It did seem like it was never going to end. This is the first sweater that I ever started, and the second I have finished. I am happy with how it turned out, dispite a few small "changes" from the pattern. I started this before I really knew anything about knitting, all I had made were a few scarves and a pair of socks. I didn't know that the yarn was fine and the ribbing and cabling would make it take forever. Once I started reading blogs and actually knitting the thing, I started to get a little nervous. A lot of people don't like Debbie Bliss patterns, so I worried that the pattern was wrong or that it would be the wrong size, but it turned out great. I made the 9-12 month size, and it fits the baby now with the cuffs turned up and if the sleeves were longer, it would fit her 2 1\2 year old sister too. Ribbing is miraculous! I really love the cashmerino it is so soft and great to knit with. I would like to try the heavier gauges, but I have heard that they pill and look bad right away. I will try to post a picture of the baby (my sister's) wearing the coat, tomorrow, if I can figure out how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home