Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Finally some time to myself

Last night my sister and her husband got home from their vacation in Cuba and I droped off my 2 1/2 year old neice Ryan. I had forgotten how much time it takes to accompany someone to the bathroom every time they need to go. Shannon is only 4 1/2 but it a huge difference. Yesterday I started the One Button Cardigan from knit 1, and I am almost finished the back.I am a bit blog challenged, since evidently this is coming after the pics instead of before; but that's O.K. I guess. I hand dyed the yarn with food dyes. It was a tan colour before. I got the yarn out of a sweater from Frenchys. If you've never been to Frenchys, you are missing out. It is a thrift store, but with tons of clothes, and they are in big bins divided according to what they are. So, if you are looking fo sweaters to frog, you head for the women's sweater bin (there are lots more there then in the men's.)and dig in. Everyone has their own method for going through the bin. My mother is a Frenchy shopper extrordinere(?) so I do it her way, and push all the stuff to one end and sort through one sweater at a time. Everything is priced by type as well, and women's sweaters are just under $4.00 Canadian. I knitted this on six mm needles and got 14 st to 4 inches. I get lots of really nice yarn this way, and it is great for felting, baby things, small stuff, and sometimes sweaters if the sweater you frog is big enough. I will show some more stuff later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home