Thursday, June 29, 2006

Not my favourite

This is polwarth that I dyed in pinks, purples and browns, but I think that I should have left out the purples. It looks a little too"red hat society" for my taste. The pinks ended up being too saturated and look more red.
I spun a thicker single and navaho plyed it to make a chunkier yarn than I usually get. I'm not that struck on the colours, but I love the feel of the yarn, it is so solid yet soft.
I made a hat out of it, and it actually almost matches a sweater that I'm making Shanny from one of the Lopi books.
Detail of hat.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 p.m., Blogger Martha said...

Oh, I love seeing all this spinning on your blog!! You left me a question about red dyes; I use Country Classics because I can get them for a mere $5 per container at www.susansfibershop.com. The red I've been using for red red is Tomato Red; when I want it to be dark red, I add some Evergreen to deepen it up.

 
At 11:16 p.m., Blogger Sam said...

Thanks Martha, I've been inspired by the dyeing and spinning on your blog. I'm working on another pair of mittens from the third colourway that I dyed at the same time as the purple/red/green. I will try to post it soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home