Saturday, July 02, 2005

Why do I never post?




I have this strange posting problem. I want to, and I have stuff to say, but I never do it. I think it is mainly a picture thing. I hate uploading the pictures. I have knit lots on the cabled riding coat from loop-de loop. It is beautiful, but I am stuck on the part where the cables start to bias after the waist. I started the sleeve so that I could keep going and not lose momentum. I read on KR that she had added the errors to her website, but I can't get it to open on my computer. Maybe she is not quite finished it. I'm hoping it is an error, so it will be easy to fix. I really love the book, It has some really different stuff in it. Not everything is stuff I could wear, especially here in sticksville, but it is all interesting, and the book itself is beautiful and well made. I have searched, and so far can't find any mention of this pattern anywhere else.

4 Comments:

At 10:23 a.m., Blogger canknitian said...

How is your sweater coming along now?

(Found you by way of your comment on today's Harlot post)

 
At 1:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,

Just came across your site (link from a comment on Little Bits of Happy). I looked on the loop d loop site at the errata page (I have the book too) for you out of curiousity and couldn't find anything about the riding jacket.

Oh, about opening the errata file...do you have acrobat reader? If not, it is the software you need to open .pdf files, it is free from the Adobe website.

 
At 11:52 p.m., Blogger sbwrites said...

Just found your site. Love your knitting. I've recently decided that it's something I might want to do as well. My site is www.themommyguide.com. You might enjoy it if you're got a four-year old. I need to look at a map to see where you live but then I was born and raised in Los Angeles and none of us natives know geography.

 
At 8:03 p.m., Blogger kathyruth said...

Hello Sam,
Thanks and you are the second person to ask me the same question about the cabled riding jacket. I remeber something about the button band being short a stitch after seperating the fronts from the back. Before seperating the button band has 4 stitches and after seperation the button band has 3 stitches. Maybe that is what is causing a problem for you? If you have any more questions I will be happy to try and help. Your Jacket looks great by the way!
Happy Knitting,
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home